Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Wreck in Norton yesterday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wreck in Norton yesterday

    On my daily journey to Norton, I came up on a wreck that just happened at the intersection just before the old Wal-Mart (coming from Coeburn). Anybody know how those folks are doin? I stopped until emergency personnel got there. I'd just like to know those folks are alright to ease my mind a little.
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

  2. #2
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wreck in Norton yesterday

    One of the most dangerous interesections in Wise Co. One would think the DMV or city would erect a traffic light there.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wreck in Norton yesterday

    Exactly. I can't count the wrecks I've seen there the past couple of years.
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wreck in Norton yesterday

    I saw that route 19 in Abingdon is getting 2 new stop lights in seamingly random spots (within 100 yards of each other), yet over here we have to wait for some kind of death quota or something to get a light.

    I'm tickled that they finally put a light in at the coal tipple off 58
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wreck in Norton yesterday

    Of the two on 19, only one is necessary. The one in front of Abingdon Middle school. The other, about 20 feet down the road, is useless.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  6. #6
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wreck in Norton yesterday

    [ QUOTE ]
    Of the two on 19, only one is necessary. The one in front of Abingdon Middle school. The other, about 20 feet down the road, is useless.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Refresh my memory, where is AMS? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wreck in Norton yesterday

    They must be expecting that area to start booming. I'm sure it's dangerous through there too, but nowhere near as bad as Norton.
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wreck in Norton yesterday

    When I've tried to make a left hand turn in that area and traffic was heavy, I just turned right and went to the next median cross over. It's not that hard.

    we dont have that privilege on 58.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wreck in Norton yesterday

    [ QUOTE ]
    I saw that route 19 in Abingdon is getting 2 new stop lights in seamingly random spots (within 100 yards of each other), yet over here we have to wait for some kind of death quota or something to get a light.

    I'm tickled that they finally put a light in at the coal tipple off 58

    [/ QUOTE ]

    In Tacoma? I both love and hate that light. A lot of people aren't used to it being there and run it regularly. Others coming from either side of the road run it as well. I couldn't tell you how many people I've seen just go on through the red light like it wasn't there.

    VDOT might as well erect lights at every interesection on 19.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wreck in Norton yesterday

    I saw a picture of it in today's Coalfield if it's the one you're referring to, and my mom told me that it was the same wreck that she had to work and that it was pretty wild.
    Officially retired

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •